Even though the thought of working grueling hours in a mine shaft or braving stormy seas trying to capture crabs might seem like the toughest work out there, it’s nothing compared to the world’s most demanding job: motherhood. Every mom can almost certainly rattle off a litany of stressful situations that go hand-in-hand with being a parent.
Although it’s easy to assume celebrity moms have it much easier since they can afford nannies and caregivers, the truth is it’s just as stressful for them. Hollywood mothers, like any other mother in the world, have their share of relatable “mommy moments” that will have your jaw on the floor!
1. Kim Kardashian: Once you become a mom, there are certain activities that may need to take a back seat to new responsibilities. Kim Kardashian learned to spray tan a little less after her first child, North, ended up with bronzer on her mouth post-breastfeeding!
2. Serena Williams: You might think there’s nothing that can stop a powerful and imposing athlete like Williams, but think again! During one Twitter rant, Williams admitted her frustration with trying to figure out her child’s stroller!
3. Pink: No parent wants to receive a call from the school principal regarding a potty mouth, but it happens. During an appearance on Ellen, singer Pink admitted her daughter was quickly picking up on foul language and called her an “adorable little sailor.”
4. Jennifer Garner: When it’s early in the morning and you have multiple little ones sprinting around the kitchen demanding breakfast, it’s easy to mix up names every now and then. Garner admits her memory has floundered on more than one occasion!
5. Julie Bowen: The Modern Family star mastered the skill of driving while pumping milk after having twins, and it led to an embarrassing situation one afternoon. While in bumper-to-bumper traffic, officers approached her vehicle while the pump was still attached to her!
6. Hillary Duff: When the Younger star brought her two-year-old son Luca into the ornament section of Bloomingdale’s, she quickly learned he might be better off away from breakable items. He wasn’t as well-behaved as she’d believed!
7. Carrie Underwood: No matter how hard you try to stick to a rigid diet, you have to take what you can get sometimes. Underwood has admitted that plenty of her “meals” have consisted of leftover food her kids didn’t finish. Bon appetit!
8. Reese Witherspoon: No matter who they have as parents, most kids hate when their moms or dads try to act “cool.” Witherspoon’s kids are all in their teens and especially dislike her use of words like “lit” and her rapping along to Drake.
9. Chrissy Teigen: While many Hollywood moms might try to act as if their lives are perfect, Teigen’s fans know just how blunt she can be about motherhood. One candid bit of info she shared was that she fell asleep with her breast pump on!
10. Khloe Kardashian: It’s hard to keep your thoughts in order when you’re required to remember a million things. Khloe Kardashian learned this when she tweeted about her baby’s one-month birthday only to realize she made a mistake about the date!
11. Kristen Bell: Finding time to be intimate with your spouse when you have a full house can be impossible. Bell and husband Dax Shepard were having a little alone time when both of their daughters raided the room! Luckily they played it off like smooth criminals.
12. Blake Lively: Kids can be temperamental, and Lively and hubby Ryan Reynolds know this all too well. In fact, they candidly expressed on social media that living with their kids’ mood swings was similar to spending time with a substance abuser. Yikes!
13. Mila Kunis: While planning a road trip with her daughter Wyatt, Kunis made sure she was over-prepared for any sort of emergency. However, immediately after pulling out of the driveway, she gasped when she realized she never buckled Wyatt in!
14. Christina Applegate: In an interview with People magazine, Applegate admitted she sometimes just stands in her home amidst the chaos of her kids and thinks, “I’m not doing any of this right!” Rest assured there are millions of moms thinking the same exact thing.
15. Olivia Wilde: Any parent will tell you it’s hard to go back to work after having a kid. For actress Olivia Wilde, becoming a mom came with an overwhelming desire to ditch the fast-paced Hollywood life to play “endless rounds of Itsy Bitsy Spider” with her young one.
16. Halle Berry: Even though she’s fulfilled by her career, Berry admitted feeling the pangs of guilt for spending way too much time away from her kids while working on different projects.
17. Nicole Richie: Kids have a special ability to push parents to the brink of madness sometimes. Back in 2013, Richie tweeted about one tension-filled morning where she and her husband Joel Madden had gotten into five different fights before nine in the morning due to their kids.
18. Tyra Banks: There was one time this superstar was so frazzled she only time for either showering or feeding her baby! Her hubby swooped in at the last second, the baby ate, and Banks got to bathe!
19. Kelly Clarkson: When the country singer first shared photos of her child Remy on Twitter in 2016, she attached the quote, “Meet Remy, our newest edition to the family!” But, “edition” should have been spelled “addition.” Whoops, mommy brain!
20. Heidi Pratt: Obviously women are strongly urged to avoid alcohol during pregnancy, and The Hills star Heidi Pratt was no exception. After 10 months of sobriety, she admitted to being completely deseperate to get back to drinking wine.